Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New in, Nothing out..

Hi Guys,


I went a little bit cray with online shopping last week (no worries all are wallet friendly and discount savvy) and purchase all these stuff (except for the earrings, it's a gift from my bff..how cute is the birds? So precious with that turqoise feathers at the bottom). Okay, let's jump in and start my first haul post lol..

Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes
(from top-bottom: Buffing brush, detailer brush, pointed foundation brush and contour brush)

This brushes are made by Samantha Chapman, one of the Pixiwoo girls (if you don't know who they are find out here). I've been looking  for an affordable, high quality and versatile brush set for so long and from the hype these brushes get, I think I made the right choice. I get mine here

My favorite of the four is the buffing brush, it's so perfect for foundation/bb creams. Very easy to use, effortless to blend and the bristles are so soft (actually all of them are so soft). They're synthetic, they didn't shed and from what I read they're also easy to clean and dry really fast. Oh, and they come in a black sleek pouch that can double up as a stand to put all the brush on your vanity. So handy!

Real Techniques Stippling Brush and Sleek Blush Palette in Lace

I ordered this stippling brush because I don't have this type of brush before. This brush is so multifunctional, it's good for blending foundation and perfect for cream blush and highlighter. The size of brush is not too fat so it can give a more precise application especially when applying cream blusher (nobody want to have the clown cheeks, right?).  

I'm really excited about this blush palette when I'm ordering, to me the colors are so pretty and perfect for daily use, so wearable and for only S$20 for 3 colors I think it's a good buy, yes? However, in real life the palette look pretty much crazy bright and all three colors look almost orange, but I tried it on today and absolutely loving it! 


The left is a mix between coral and peach, one sweep is peach, two sweep is coral. The middle one reminds me of Nars Orgasm, perfect peach pink glow. The right one (although it look really scary) actually appears like a medium (depends on how you blend it) pink flush you have after doing 50 pushups!



 Sleek Eyeshadow Palletes in Au Naturel (top) and Storm (bottom) 

I can't decide between this two palettes so I thought why not get both, so when Luxola had their 2 hours special 15%discount last week I jumped in and bought these for great deal plus free delivery! They are neutral for everyday, each come in 12 colors combo in shimmer and matte for an easy everyday eyes to smokey eyes..I dare to say the shimmer colors are quite pigmented and have a very good color pay off but the matte colors to me they're too chalky and not so pigmented. Here's the color swatches for you :)


As you can see here, the shimmer colors are quite pigmented but the matte colors are disappointing..

Overall for the price, 37$ for 2sets plus the 15% discount, I think it's a good buy. The packaging is sleek in matt black compact with big mirror in it so it's really handy especially for traveling.

That's all for my first makeup haul, hope you enjoy and find this helpful! 

Ciao!







No comments:

Post a Comment